all names have been changed to protect the privacy of those involved. (smirk)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

lucky girl

i've been gone traveling for work.  yes~ i have somehow managed to keep my job despite having sloth like motivation and the brain functioning of a coma patient.   in fact, i've been so busy that my head has been spinning for the past 48 hours. it has been a welcome relief from the usual daily routine of dealing with jack's multiple personalities~ aside from missing my kids like crazy.  i returned from my trip feeling quite accomplished and a bit renewed only to find a petition for divorce waiting for me when i arrived.

i read it over and over again sifting through the legal formalities and jargon explaining in the most complex of terms the simple fact that my marriage was ending, crying harder each time.  i finally gave up, realizing i didn't know what any of it meant other than it felt damn shitty to read.  i figured i'd have to just pay my lawyer by the minute to translate it for me tomorrow.

i gathered my things then crept up the stairs to peek into my sleeping kids' rooms and found them curled up in bed, mouths open and cheeks squishy.  i couldn't help but steal a few kisses and snuggles, relishing in the sweet smell of their freshly washed hair.  i held each of their biscuity soft hands and smiled as they slept totally unaware of the knee buckling, heart stopping, breath taking power they have over my soul.

my god i am lucky.  i feel like tomorrow might be worth facing after all.

2 comments:

  1. At least you will always have your babies. They make being married to a jerk for all these years worth it.

    ReplyDelete