all names have been changed to protect the privacy of those involved. (smirk)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

therapy...

just got home from therapy.

boy my therapist has quite a cushy job.  i have a standing weekly appointment.  granted, it takes quite a bit of patience to be my therapist BUT it certainly doesn't take much thought.  at this point if she can just maintain drilling the same common sense concepts into my brain each week she's a big help.

each week the same:

we spend the first half of my appointment surveying the damage that I have done for the past week.  pretty much going down the list of things we discussed the week before and me reporting how I have managed to do the exact opposite of what she recommended without even trying.

the last half of the appointment is establishing "the plan" for the next week.  how to respond to jack when he's being too pushy.  how to set boundaries and stick to them.  how to inflict the least amount of damage possible on my poor innocent children, and so forth.

so I opened my therapist's door ready to enter the real world, armed with this week's plan, my head filled with all the motivation and best intentions.  i didn't even make it to my car before jack called and i began giving my therapist and I a lot to talk about in the first half of our next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment